This Week on ONR for November 8, 2013
- A new study shows that compared to other states, women in Oklahoma face many disadvantages.
- The Chickasaw Nation's investment in a manufacturing facility provides another boost to the southern Oklahoma economy.
- At this time every year, Veterans Day recognizes the sacrifice service members have made to our country. For an alarming number of veterans, adjusting to civilian life is a struggle.
- In a Newsmaker Interview, we talk to Secretary of Military and Veterans Affairs Rita Aragon about efforts to help Oklahoma's veterans.
- In an ONR Extra, state schools get their annual report cards from the state Board of Education.
- This week is the 34th anniversary of the Iranian hostage crisis, when 52 Americans were taken hostage and held for 444 days. In a Newsmaker Interview, we talk to Ambassador John Limbert, one of those held hostage, about the ordeal and U.S. relations with Iran.
- We go on a tour of one of Oklahoma's cultural treasures, Wooloroc, and the state's newest town.
- And, Ted Streuli of The Journal Record reviews the week in business.