ONR for November 1, 2013
- The push is on to make major changes to the state’s pension systems, affecting tens of thousands of Oklahomans.
- About 240 new laws went into effect on November 1. We discuss some of the most notable ones with Shawn Ashley of eCapitol.
- Lawmakers explore ways to provide a safe place for students when Oklahoma’s weather turns deadly.
- Wind farms are sprouting around the state, and one to be erected in Osage County is causing environmental concerns, while supporters say it will boost the local economy.
- We hear a global perspective on the federal government shutdown.
- As Native American Heritage Month begins, we look at how growing numbers of people are learning about their Indian ancestry.
- A new publication gives a hand up to homeless Oklahomans.
- And, Ted Streuli of The Journal Record reviews the week in business.