This Week on ONR for October 18, 2013
• Violence against women is a particular problem in Indian Country. Experts at a national Indian conference discuss ways to deal with the pervasive issue.
• American Indian leaders discuss ways to help increase the number of Indian elected officials.
• In a Newsmaker Interview, Oklahoma U.S. Representative Frank Lucas discusses the deal to end the partial shutdown of the federal government and the prospects for the farm bill.
• Changes are coming for the organization that governs high school sports in the state.
• As energy evolves in Oklahoma, the industry is becoming more high-tech.
• Oklahoma is now ranked the 6th largest producer of electricity through wind power, but the growth of the wind industry produces concerns about predicting the weather.
• Oklahoma book enthusiasts take a small step toward encouraging reading and literacy.
• The Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame welcomes its newest members.
• And, Ted Streuli of The Journal Record reviews the week in business.