This Week on ONR for July 26, 2013
This week on ONR for July 26, 2013:
• The state's two largest power companies are taking different roads to comply with new emission control standards from the Environmental Protection Agency.
• StateImpact Oklahoma's Logan Layden discusses a new study that shows more than 200 plants, including 6 in Oklahoma, are releasing heavy metals into waterways.
• Recently-published scientific research adds new weight to theories linking oil and gas activity to earthquakes in Oklahoma.
• A new report show the most profitable Indian gaming regions are in Oklahoma, and improvements to the gaming experience are coming.
• At one time, the American buffalo was nearly extinct, but today there are half-a-million and their meat is becoming popular at the dinner table.
• In a Newsmaker Interview, we discuss a push to use DNA analysis to investigate criminal convictions, with Oklahoma Watch reporter Shaun Hittle.
• And, Ted Streuli of The Journal Record reviews the week in business.