ONR for Week of July 12, 2013
This week on ONR for July 12, 2013:
• Thousands of Oklahomans are being forced to take unpaid leave because of federal budget cuts under sequestration – cuts that may increase as the U.S. House and Senate remain far apart on a budget deal.
• The U.S. Supreme Court throws the future of Baby Veronica back into question. Her Oklahoma father says his fight to keep her is not over.
• We look at the practical applications and privacy concerns surrounding unmanned aerial vehicles.
• The defense has rested in the court martial of Oklahoma native Bradley Manning. In a Frontline excerpt, we learn how he was able to get sensitive government information.
• Security leaks and hacker attacks on information networks force increased interest in cyber security.
• A group of Oklahomans urges the United States to provide humanitarian aid to victims of the civil war in Syria.
• In a Newsmaker Interview, ABC News Correspondent and Gaylord College professor Mike Boettcher discusses the Syrian conflict.
• We head to the drive-in theater to experience a rite of summer.
• And, Ted Streuli of The Journal Record reviews the week in business.