New Kids Schedule Starts Oct. 7!
Updated Weekday Daytime Schedule Starts Monday, October 7
Starting Monday, you’ll notice changes to the children’s schedule. We're thrilled to bring you a new show from the Fred Rogers Company, PEG + CAT, following a young girl and her feline sidekick as they solve problems and learn math concepts and skills. Learn more about PEG + CAT.
- This series joins the morning block at 8am, pushing SUPERWHY to 10:30am. Over the past year, DANIEL TIGER’S NEIGHBORHOOD quickly became a favorite among our younger audience and their parents. Because of this, we’ve added a second broadcast, weekdays at 2:30pm, which pushes MARTHA SPEAKS to 3pm.
- Another popular series is WILD KRATTS. Preschool and grade school children have told us that it is their favorite. We’ve added another broadcast during the day for the preschool children at 12pm. The afternoon WILD KRATTS timeslot moves down to 4:30pm.
- Because of technical changes out of OETA's control behind-the-scenes, some established series have changed start times. Some of the changes include sliding SID THE SCIENCE KID half an hour later to begin at 11 a.m. THOMAS & FRIENDS moves to 11:30 a.m. The afternoon repeat of CURIOUS GEORGE will begin at 1:30 p.m. ARTHUR, WORDGIRL and WILD KRATTS, all move down half an hour to begin their block at 3:30pm.
- ELECTRIC COMPANY, WORDWORLD and BARNEY & FRIENDS have been taken off the weekday schedule starting Monday, October 7. PBS will now only feed them on the weekends. Rather than taking them off the air completely, we have included them in our OKLA and KIDS channel lineups. For information about OKLA & KIDS, contact your cable provider.
- ELECTRIC COMPANY can be seen on OETA Kids on Sundays at 2:30pm. WORDWORLD can be seen on OKLA on Saturdays at 11:30am. BARNEY & FRIENDS feeds Saturday mornings at 5am and airs on the OKLA channel. We know that some viewers are incredibly loyal to these programs and that some teachers include them in their curriculum. We hope that you’ll be able to use the online resources and videos available online at pbskids.org and pbskids.org/go.