JOB OPENING NOTIFICATION
POSITION: NEWS REPORTER/PRODUCER
ISSUED: November 22, 2013
CLOSE: Until Filled
The Oklahoma Educational Television Authority (OETA) announces the opening of the position titled NEWS REPORTER/PRODUCER for the News and Public Affairs Department in our Tulsa facility. The most qualified candidate(s) will be contacted for an interview.
This position is responsible for general assignment television news reporting for OETA’s weekly news program, the Oklahoma News Report (ONR), and other news and public affairs programs, as required. Duties include:
- Identifying and developing story ideas, scheduling, researching, news writing, conducting interviews, field reporting and other duties necessary for producing in-depth television news content;
- Developing content suitable for over-the-air and online distribution and utilizing social media and other content production and distribution techniques; and
- Reporting stories that relate to a statewide audience, with special emphasis on Legislative and state government-related stories, particularly during the Legislative session.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in newsgathering, writing, and producing broadcast news video content is required.
- Must take initiative to develop video stories that are consistent with the public service journalism mission and standards of the News and Public Affairs Department and OETA.
- Must possess strong reporting, critical thinking, teamwork, interpersonal and oral communication skills and be a positive representative of OETA.
- Must be able to collaborate creatively with photojournalists, graphic artists, producers and news management.
- Must have working knowledge of and capacity to use computers for writing, research, video review, scheduling and communication.
- Must be able to work under deadline pressure on multiple projects or stories.
- Knowledge of Oklahoma, state government, issues of statewide significance and journalism ethics is important.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field and experience in governmental news coverage are preferred.
- Demonstrated desire for continuing professional development will be viewed favorably.
- Successful candidates:
- Must be able to lift 30lbs and have a valid Oklahoma driver’s license.
- Must be able to do field reporting that requires mobility in a variety of indoor and outdoor locations, where the employee will be exposed to the prevalent weather conditions and terrain.
- Must be able to travel long distances around the state and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work outside normal work hours on occasion.
Salary range: $33,360.00 per year. A generous benefit package including State of Oklahoma health, leave, and retirement, plus much more is included.
HOW TO APPLY:
OETA IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER